Latest Ford recalls 198,000 SUVs in US yet again due to fire risk


Ford Motor Co is recalling 198,000 SUVs in the United States to replace blower motor assembly after reports of 25 fires, the company said.

The recall covers 2015-2017 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator vehicles.

Ford said it had three reports of fires related to property damage to structures and one involving minor injuries. Ford will notify owners starting September 12.

This recall is not related to a previous safety recall approved in July related to the newer 2021 Expeditionary and Navigator vehicles for engine compartment fire risks originating from the battery junction box, Ford said.

Field data shows problems in the new recall affect vehicles with higher mileage and service time, the company said.

Ford also said it was recalling 1,175 2022 model year Mustang Mach-E electric vehicles because the right-rear half-axle may be manufactured incorrectly and parts could break.

The dealer will inspect and replace the right-rear half axle as needed.

Ford said there were no reports of failures among owners, but last month it emerged that the Cuautitlan Assembly Plant in Mexico had identified two vehicles with a defective rear right half axle.

Ford leads all automakers in the United States with 52 separate recall campaigns, covering about 7.4 million vehicles.

Related Posts:
Thank you for your visit. Support Pisbon™
DMCA.com Protection Status